We create nutrition programs for many high schools around the country. Below is what a 17-year-old growing athlete should be doing regularly. As you’ll see, it has the dotFIT FirstString as the shake before and after the workout and as necessary to receive enough protein or gain weight. If you’d like a sample menu to see a basic eating the dotFIT online program can provide it here.
The dotFIT Team has several collegiate and pro athletes – our Founder and CEO has a son in the NFL and another who is an MMA fighter. Our head Registered Dietitian has a Division 1 basketball player and they all grew up on FirstString and still use it along with their health supplements.
Competitive HS (16+)/College Size, Performance & Health Athlete Supplement Plan
Detailed information can be found here in our reference guide.
- 12-17 yrs - Take one daily immediately following breakfast or any other larger meal
- 18+ - Take two daily: one immediately following first large meal and one following dinner
- Take two scoops 30-45 minutes before workouts or use favorite dotFIT® bar for convenience
- Take two scoops immediately post-workout
- Use anytime throughout the day to add calories or protein as necessary to maintain weight gain
Note: use as directed above but also to make sure you get at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass (or weight if not overweight) daily from all sources divided 5-6 times daily. First String can be used as a supplement to a meal or by itself (or mixed with desired supporting contents) to shore up total daily protein needs
- Do the best you can to get 1,000 of calcium from your diet. Using your FirstString pre- and post-training shakes as directed (one serving mixed with milk has ~300 mg) and consuming your recommended diet should help you achieve the goal. If you fall short use the SuperCalcium+ formula as directed. If needed, males should limit to one tablet daily
- Take one daily if not consuming 2-4 servings per week of fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel and sardines